Sunday, August 26, 2012

Blog Assignment #1

My Life


Telling you my life story would be a long drawn out discussion so giving bloggers a synopsis would be a lot easier. My name is Ardriana Marshall, but my family tends to call me Ardri for short. I am 22 years old and I am a December baby. My astrological sign is Sagittarius so my personality traits are a bit outspoken, spontaneous, and very independent. I am the middle of two siblings, a brother and sister to whom all raised by a single parent. I am very family oriented, and teaching is a passion of mine.

Before attending the University of South Alabama I studied Secondary/English Education at Alabama State University for four years. I have taken a lot of loses, but I've gained a lot as well over the years. I have never been in any serious trouble but the minor trouble I have been in has taught me to value my beliefs in God, my life, and my education. My future plans after college is to settle down, have some babies, and one day open a community center for the inner city youth.

Randy Pausch Video on Time Management


I have never heard of Randy Pausch, nor have I watched any of his videos. However after watching his assigned video on time management I learned a few things on goals, priority, and planning. In doing those three things I must ask myself the question why? Something that I do not normally do. Usually I do it and ask myself that question afterwards. I guess it is just one of my personality traits mentions earlier. I also learned that good judgement come from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement. In other words you learn from your mistakes. Paucsh also executed the planning idea into my head. It is very important to plan ahead because if u don't your planning to fail. Lastly, is making a check list, which is very helpful and can in turn result in success this semester.

Penn State Time Management


Penn State gave excellent recommendations as well to managing your time. One thing that was well stated, and something I could possibly work on myself, is procrastination. Its a terrible habit of mines to wait to the last minute to do work. Although I feel as if I work better under pressure, there are several disasters waiting to happen when it comes to waiting til the last minute. I think something that will help me with this bad habit is always make out a to-do list and set the due dates of my assignments a day ahead of the assigned due dates. That way if anything goes wrong I will have time to right them. :)

1 comment:

  1. I admire your strength and courage to take a negative situation and turning it into a positive outcome. I also admire that one day you wish to open a youth center. I would like to know more about your family.
    About your comment on the Randy Pousch video, there were a couple of grammar errors. I hope you don't mind my comment. I find it to be no big deal but there are some who would think differently. The sentence about " I guess it is just one of my personality traits mentions earlier" the correct term would be personality traits that was mentioned earlier. There were also some letters missing here and there. Also the sentence "It is very important to plan ahead because if u don't your planning to fail." you wrote letter u instead of the correct term you.
    The second sentence of the comment of Penn State you put commas in where I believe were unnecessary. The third sentence would be, it would be a terrible habit if mine not mines.

    ReplyDelete