Saturday, September 8, 2012

Blog Assignment #2


Did You Know??
The information given in this video Did You Know?? is amazing. Never, would I have thought that India had these kind of statistics. This really encourages me to stay on my toes. The fact that only 25% of their natives is smarter than the whole United States makes me wonder if the U.S. is really the world's leader??
The video also sheds light on the huge technology epidemic and coming from a background of little to no technology knowledge really has me worried. Yet, I believe in myself and my dream of becoming a teacher, so this video only pushes me to reach that dream. I appreciate Dr. Strange's efforts in releasing great teachers into the world! Two thumbs up.


Mr. Winkle Wakes
Okay, I have to start by saying that I most definitely feel like Mr. Winkle! This is a great video Mr.Winkle Wakes for the older technology illiterate student like myself. It gives a comedic example of how we feel. Technology and life as we know it changes everyday. So waking up a hundred years from now would be an eye opener.
However, this video does have a lesson for its viewers. That lesson is that no matter how much our surroundings and methods seems to change, one thing that has remained the same since its been started is the school or place of education. There will always to the teacher and the student whom is being taught by the teacher. Now that, I can deal with rather it be now or a hundred years from now!


Ken Robinson

Ken Robinson is a very important video that should be viewed by all aspiring teachers. It encourages educators to educate their students by using the students own creative thought process. Ken Robinson, a creativity expert, makes the point that teachers should encourage the imagination and creativeness is students at a young age. An idea I would have to agree with.
So many teachers and school facilities rejects a child's creativeness, which in turn, subjects the children to one way of thinking and viewing the world. I believe that is the reason God gave every person their own set of eyes and mind. So each individual can see and intemperate the world, their views, and their experiences for themselves. Ken is an amazing speaker and I would one day like to be present for one of his lectures.


A Day of Glass
The ideasA Day of Glass presents to its viewers are unbelievable, yet it holds the possibility of one day becoming true. There is no way with all of the recent technological advances that our world could not be the way executed in this video. Seeing this gets me excited about learning, teaching, and future experiences.
It's a leap of faith but it's a leap that could lead the world into a whole new world. Future educators and students should take the chances being offered by the amazing people behind the genius ideas that help inform/educate our future society. Look out India!

2 comments:

  1. Ardriana,

    This was an average post for students beginning EDM310. Don't worry about being technologically illiterate. By the end of this class you'll be doing things you never knew possible (much like working with glass may seem unbelievable). For each post you need to have an image with the correct ALT and TITLE modifiers so you need to go back and fix that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ardriana, I'm Jessica La Force and I will be commenting on your post this week. I enjoyed reading your post, because you seemed to really get excited over the different things we learned. The day of glass was pretty cool, and so was Ken Robinson's speech. I also found his speech very enlightening.
    There were a few things I noticed in the post that could improve. Mostly, there were words that seemed misplaced or missing.For example, "Ken Robinson, a creativity expert, makes the point that teachers should encourage the imagination and creativeness is students at a young age," this sentence has a minor error. The "is" after "creativeness" doesn't make sense, you probably saw that too. I believe it should have been "in." This minor mistake is, I believe, just from you not re-reading your post. I think if you would proof read those little mistake's would disappear. I hope I've been helpful, and I'm glad I got to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete