Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blog Assignment #3

Peer Editing
The videos and powerpoint on Peer Editing is an excellent example for aspiring teachers. It gives us an example of how to grade our classmates' paper without being so mean or straight forward and lets admit, some of us are too straight forward. Well I know I can at times.
The video also gives students/aspiring teachers a solid Technology in Special Education. This brought a happiness that I could not explain. I think that the job of special educationn teachers are hard, mainly because of their student's handicap. I think techonolgy in our classrooms are very smart ideas that not only helps the teachers spread information fast, but help students communicate as well.
Not everyone is technology literate. Technology in the schools gives people the opportunity to become literate in the field. For example, I, myself, am learning how to tweet,blog,set up clickable links, etc. Never would I imagine doing these types things and I probably would not be if technology was not entered into classrooms. Now, lets imagine how hard it is for people with special needs. I admire special education teachers. May God bless them all.

Apple's Education Apps
I would like to thank you for this video Dr. Strange for How the iPad works with Academics for Autism I think its excellent that Brandon is learning Math and Reading through technology in a home environment, and in a fun and creative way. If it was up to me to choose a method of teching with an Apple app, I would choose the app that teaches students how to read.
This is a way that students can hear the world and see it at the same time. It is a faster way for the students to learn through visual and audio skills. Just like Brandon, alot of kids suffer with autism. So, for him to listen and repeat while looking at the material made his brain work in a way unimaginable. Great work APPLE!!!!

Edutopia
The video Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts was interesting. I am very "old fashion". I like the paper/pen method of teaching. However, the creators of this video gives plenty of insight as to why technology has been added into the education system. One,alot of students learn in alot of different ways; and as a teacher I have to be open and knowledgable of those ways. Its nice to have different methods of teaching other than the lecture method.
The teacher thats in this video made it her business to say that you, as a teacher, can learn at the same time as the student, but I beg to differ because I feel as if that would be a hinder to the students. For example, if students have questions to how or why something works a certain you would not be able to answerthe questions. I think this is an incovenience to the students. However, the technology does seem to connect the students to the entire world which can be a bit FUN!!

3 comments:

  1. Ardriana,

    As an English major, I've come to expect other English/Secondary Education majors to have a better grasp of spelling, grammar, and writing than other majors. I'd like you to check this webpage out (here) because I kept being distracted by apostrophe errors. Besides apostrophes, there were a litany of other errors that I don't have the time to mention. However, this website, Guide to Grammar and Writing is something that you should definitely check out. It'll help you with your other classes as well, especially the ones that involve a lot of writing.
    In addition, your image does not appear to have a working TITLE modifier. Just remember to reread your posts a few times to catch any errors that you may have missed or words that you may have mistyped. We all want ot put our best face forward as far as writing goes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bailey thank you for your critique. It seems that I put in my links wrong and my whole first paragraph was missing. I have made the necessary corrections and thanks for the heads up and thanks for offering your help. God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ardriana,

    I found your post to be very interesting. I truly agree with you when you said "you like teaching the old fashion way better". I am all for that myself but if we continue to teach that way technology will pass us by. As you said "its nice to have different teaching methods". On another note I feel like you rushed your post, but other than that I enjoyed reading your post.
    Have A Blessed Day!!

    ReplyDelete