Sunday, September 30, 2012

Blog Assignment #4

Podcasting

Podcasting is a fun and exciting way of learning. It allows students to learn more productively. When I first read Listening, Comprehension, Podcasting I thought, "That is so true!" I did not realize how much we learn words just by hearing and repeating them for understanding. Langwitches made the statement that, "It gives the learners the opportunity to see their voices, read the sounds, manipulate the sequence of sentences, sounds can be deleted, edited, emphasized and re-arranged similar than a word processing program can do this with the written word." Those words answered my question of "Why do students need this?". I think it is excellent that students are learning and even writing other languages such as Hebrew. That is mind blowing. It is amazing the thing that this generation of students are learning to do with technology.
When I read Flat Stanley Podcast I realized just how convenient it is for students to go and read another country's literature. Kids who are just starting their educational journey can record, listen, stop, pause, and play themselves while listening to their peers across the country. I am beyond shocked and it kind of makes me want to go back to grade school and start all over. Langwitches did give us a link that list a number of benefits of podcasting in classrooms that I thought was very useful for up and coming teachers. One of the benefits that stood out to me was the fact that kids spend more than 10,000 hours talking on the phone and playing video games, and has spent more than 20,000 hours watching t.v. So, podcasting is just an innovative way to educate them in a form this generation is used to. I think podcasting is fun and only helps students with their studies. One way is kids are able to record lectures and play them back as a review or study method. Cool right?

No comments:

Post a Comment