Thursday, November 1, 2012

Blog Post #10


John T. Spencer Comic Strip

The saying "A picture says a thousand words" is so true when it comes to this particular  comic strip. In my opinion, this picture is telling its viewers that cheap is not always the best deal. I personally, always choose quality over quantity. With economy as bad as it is, cheap seems to be the best way. When in actuality the cheap product breaks easily and the buyer ends up spending more money on the same exact thing they just bought.
Buying the more expensive products might not always be going through your mind or in your budget, but it proves to be more durable, made of better materials, and can possibly give you a better outcome.  So stop being so cheap!!

Why Were Your Kids Playing Games??

I get the idea that the writer of <a href="http://pencilintegration.blogspot.com/2011/12/why-were-your-kids-playing-games.html">Why Were Your Kids Playing Games</a> is trying to make. Not all of your co-workers or bosses will be on board with your teaching methods. Although, games are a part of the student's everyday lives and when education is converted into a game it could possibly help them with there lessons it is still a sort of distraction. Life is not a game, so be creative in your efforts to teach your students.

Mr. McLeod's Blog Post

Let me start by saying I totally agree with Mr. McLeod. I think all of this technology stuff is too much. Its a detraction from the real education of society. Technology only makes learning a game and life is not a game. I have stated in my blog post before that I am a fan of the old ways of learning. Paper, pen, textbooks, libraries, etc, and I see that I am not the only one in favor. Mr. McLeod made the comment of traditional learning vs. modern learning and he wants to see who is going to be ahead in the end. Well, I personally believe the people who can function and maintain after a power outage will lead the society. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi A,

    You didn't get the sarcasm in Mr. McLeod's Post "Don't Teach Your Kids This Stuff. Please?". He was being sarcastic by saying those things about technology so his children would be far ahead of other students.

    You don't have links on your post, nor do you have alt and title modifiers on your picture.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ardriana,
    McLeod was being sarcastic. I am very old fashioned too and I am having to adjust big time. Like it or not technology is going to be a part of our careers so we need to try to keep up. But yes, basic fundamentals are still important too.
    I think you nailed the interpretation of the Spencer comic, but you didn't put the picture in your blog for everyone to see.
    You have some html showing in your Why Were Your Kids Playing Games paragraph. I think it might be because you put the back slash before the a at the end instead of after the a. Easy fix. Good job.

    ReplyDelete