Monday, November 19, 2012

C4T Summary and Comment

Week 13
Student Tech Team: Student Leadership in Action
This week I was assigned to comment on Kim Confino's blog on her formation of a Student Tech Team. The main focus of the team is student leadership. With this program students are able to share their expertise with others. With tutorial videos the students can continue to help students become more efficient and effective with technology. Also students learn about blogging, connected learning communities which has a positive impact on the growth, reputation, and skills set of the team. With supportive and helpful parents, Mrs Confino's leadership program has proved, so far, to be successful; and students have to opportunity to teach the teachers. They help teachers understand why they use technology the way they do and help teachers become more efficient and effective with what they do on their laptops.

I commented on Kim's blog and let her know that I thought her leadership program is an excellent idea that teaches students leadership, responsibility, and prepare them for furthering their education. I agree with her reasoning for coming up with the student program.

Last week I was assigned to comment on a teacher's blog who thought it would be a fun, exciting, and interesting thing to do to mix the harder subjects with the easier subjects. For example, Math would be a topic in Physical Education. I thought this was a good idea because it gives students a chance to take their least favorite subject and turn it into one of their favorites! I informed this particular teacher that I would like to learn more about the idea. Being that I absolutely hate Math, I thought this was something that I could use in my classroom with other subjects. Great Idea!!

No comments:

Post a Comment